This course provides either new or current internal auditors and understanding of ISO 9001 and a process approach methodology. Participants will acquire the necessary skills to become a leader in preparing and conducting audits through interactive methods and avoiding lecture based learning. A successful completion of Plexus International’s “RABQSA-Certified Internal Auditor Training” meets the training requirements for certification of individual QMS Internal Auditors.
Length: 3 days (23.0 hours, not including examination time) Prerequisites: None
- Perform audits based on the ISO 19011 Standard
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ISO9001 Standard and the Process Approach
- Form an audit team
- Conduct an audit meeting
- Determine needed documentation and organize according to the standard
- Classify, record, and resolve nonconformities
- Implement preventative measures to avoid future nonconformities
Learning is maximized through participation. That is why Plexus training avoids lecture-based teaching and focuses on group activities, case studies and hands-on applications. Learn by doing.
Plexus Master Trainers. Plexus Master Trainers train and evaluate:
- ISO 9001:2008, ISO/TS 16949:2009, AS9100, ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems, FSSC 22000:2005 Food Safety, ISO 9001:2008 for Healthcare and ISO 13485:2003 for Medical Devices.
- Plexus trains 3rd party auditors and wrote the materials used to certify all of them
- Review Student Requirements
- Review Course Agenda
- Review Written Examination and Continual Evaluation Information
- Understanding ISO 9001
- Understanding ISO 9001
- Linkages to Quality Management Principles
- Auditing Skills
- RABQSA QMS Internal Auditor Certification Handbook
- Auditing Skills
- Auditing Application
- Written Examination
There are two elements involved in the evaluation and examination for successful completion of participants of this course:
- The continual evaluation of the student’s attitudes, auditing capability, performance as team members during role-playing, and communication skills (this is done independently by all instructors involved with the class).
- A written examination, which covers the content of ISO 9001 and the application of audit principles and practices to ISO 19011. 50% of the examination grade is based on questions that require essay and short answer responses that test comprehension of the audit process and the application of ISO 9001, and the remainder of the examination grade is based on multiple choice questions.
Note: The time allotted for taking the examination is two hours. Strict adherence to the time limit is to be maintained. However, the trainer may allow a student whose primary language is not the language in which the course is conducted, or a student with a particular disability that adversely affects the student’s capability to complete the examination in the allotted time, up to 30 additional minutes for taking the written examination.
The only reference materials allowed during the examination are a copy of ISO 9001, course materials provided by Plexus International, and any personal notes made by the student during the course.
- Those who pass will receive a certificate of successful completion, which satisfies the training requirement for individual QMS auditor certification by RABQSA.
- Those who do not pass will receive a certificate of attendance.
Plexus International’s “RABQSA-Certified ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training” is focused on the training and development of the auditor candidates. Advisement, correction, discussion, information transfer and learning are the focus of the training session. Additionally, trainer evaluations of the auditor candidates’ performance and understanding are directed toward improving the candidates’ performance and understanding. Trainers are not to make final pass/fail determinations during initial parts of the training, but they are to collect performance data that assist them to make pass/fail determinations with regard to candidates’ performance and understanding. Final evaluation of the candidates is the result of the written examination and the continual evaluations during the training session.