This course is designed to provide a step-by-step method to guide an organization in the implementation of an Energy Management System in accordance with the ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems Standard. It has been developed to give the participants a set of tools that will allow them to design and implement an Energy Management System (EnMS) within their organizations.
Participants will be provided with skills and tools for conducting Internal Audits based on the requirements of ISO 50001. The skills obtained through this course will provide the participant with the ability to prepare and conduct 1st and 2nd party Energy Management Systems Audits. Participants will learn the ISO 50001 standard on audit guidelines, understanding of the standard, how to form an audit team, conduct an audit meeting, forming and organizing necessary documentation, and handling nonconformities. All training is done through the use of hands-on activities, using case studies, group activities, and reducing lecture-based learning to increase knowledge retention.
The course will provide the framework for participants to immediately return to their organization and begin the process of developing and implementing their own Energy Management Systems (EnMS).
Length: 3 days Prerequisites: None
- Explain and discuss the purpose and importance of an ISO 50001 Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Develop a framework for the implementation of an Energy Management System in accordance with the ISO 50001 Standard for their organization.
- Perform internal audits based on the ISO 50001 Standard
- Form an audit team
- Conduct an audit meeting
- Determine needed documentation and how to organize according to the standard
- Classify, record, and resolve nonconformities
- Implement preventative measures to avoid future nonconformities
Learning is maximized through participation. That is why Plexus training avoids lecture-based teaching and focuses on group activities, case studies and hands-on applications. Learn by doing.
- Engineers, Functional Managers, technical staff and those involved in the design, development and implementation of an Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Any new member of an ISO 50001 implementation team
- Both new and experienced internal auditors who are not familiar with ISO 50001
- Representatives from key functional groups involved in an organization’s Environmental, Safety, and Energy Management functions.
Plexus Master Trainers. Plexus Master Trainers train and evaluate:
- ISO 9001:2008, ISO/TS 16949:2009, AS9100, ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems, FSSC 22000:2005 Food Safety, ISO 9001:2008 for Healthcare and ISO 13485:2003 for Medical Devices.
- Plexus trains 3rd party auditors and wrote the materials used to certify all of them
- Introduction to the course and Course Objectives
- Review the differences and similarities between ISO 9001, EN 16001 and ISO 14011
- Management Responsibility (Management commitment & organizational change)
- Energy Management Planning (Energy profiling, Energy Baselines, Use of Energy Software, Performance Indicators), Development of Energy Management Action Plans
- Begin the Review of the Standard Requirements (Energy Policy, Identification of energy aspects, Legal obligations and other requirements)
- Continue the Review of the Standard Requirements
- Implementing the Energy Management System (Competence and Training, Communication, Systems Design, Operations and Maintenance)
- Performance Monitoring (Defining Energy Use Patterns, regulatory Compliance, Corrective and Preventive Actions)
- Documentation (Documentation Requirements, Control of Documents, Control of Records) Developing the Implementation Checklist
- Review of Certification Requirements and Potential
- Measuring and Monitoring Energy Performance Data
- Conflict Skills
- Auditing Skills