Energy Efficiency and Management have become critical concerns for modern industry. Organizations have seen a level of increased pressure to improve energy efficiency while managing costs. Energy production is responsible for a significant amount of Green House Emissions. In order to counter this, a new Standard has been developed, ISO 50001 that is designed to help organizations to establish and implement an Energy Management System that focuses on maintenance and continuous improvement activities within their organizations. This course is to provide Senior Management with an introduction to the Standard and its overall impact to their organization.
Length: Variable Prerequisites: None
Module 1: Executive Briefing (2 hours)
- Introduction to the concept of the Energy Management System
- Overview of the Energy Industry
- Review of the Benefits of Developing and Implementing an Energy Management System for their organization
Module 2: Describing the Principles of Energy Management (4 hours)
- Principles of Energy Management
- Overview of ISO 50001 Requirements
Module 3: Integration to Existing Systems (2 Hours)
- Integration to related standards, such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
Module 4: QMS Requirements Overview (1-2 hours)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the standard and related requirements
Module 5: Planning for Implementation (1-2 hours)
- Certification Options (ISO 50001 & MSA EN ISO 16001 (EU Requirements)
Learning is maximized through participation. That is why Plexus training avoids lecture-based teaching and focuses on group activities, case studies and hands-on applications. Learn by doing.
- Executives and Upper Level Management
Plexus Master Trainers. Plexus Master Trainers train and evaluate:
- ISO 9001:2008, ISO/TS 16949:2009, AS9100, ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems, FSSC 22000:2005 Food Safety, ISO 9001:2008 for Healthcare and ISO 13485:2003 for Medical Devices.
- Plexus trains 3rd party auditors and wrote the materials used to certify all of them