The course is an overview of the GD&T concepts in controls necessary for proper layout and applications. The course will cover typical issues that can occur when applying a traditional coordinate system and how Geometric Tolerance can overcome them. The course will introduce the symbols, terminology and the rules for GD&T based on (ASME Y14.5:2009).
Length: 1 day Prerequisites: None
- Apply the principles of GD&T to a layout process
- Demonstrate an understanding of Dimensioning Tolerance principles
- Reduce the number of errors by developing a system of effective dimensional tolerancing
- Use the following Controls:
Learning is maximized through participation. That is why Plexus training avoids lecture-based teaching and focuses on group activities, case studies and hands-on applications. Learn by doing.
Plexus Master Trainers. Plexus Master Trainers train and evaluate:
- ISO 9001:2008, ISO/TS 16949:2009, AS9100, ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems, FSSC 22000:2005 Food Safety, ISO 9001:2008 for Healthcare and ISO 13485:2003 for Medical Devices.
- Plexus trains 3rd party auditors and wrote the materials used to certify all of them
- Form Controls
- Orientation Controls
- Location Controls
- Runout Controls
- Profile Controls
- Application of the 14 GD&T Characteristics