Taking Effective Correction Action Using the 8-D Approach
The concept for this training course is to present the 8-D model as an efficient and effective methodology for determining, planning, verifying, and documenting corrective actions. The training is meant to introduce the participant to planning for improvement using easily understood and implemented tools that will result in positive, innovative, and effective actions.
The tools include the questioning technique that establishes a method by which various teams with diverse backgrounds can determine which planning steps are necessary and will result in positive actions. The 8-D approach assists teams in ensuring that all necessary steps are addressed and that an efficient and consistent communication of the results of the team activity is made.
Length: 2 days Prerequisites: None
- Define the 8-D Approach
- Identify Corrective Action
- Demonstrate the ability to apply questioning technique skills
- Develop and congratulate the teams
- Identify specific performance and abilities
Learning is maximized through participation. That is why Plexus training avoids lecture-based teaching and focuses on group activities, case studies and hands-on applications. Learn by doing.
- Internal Auditors
- Floor Supervisors
- Quality Personnel
Plexus Master Trainers. Plexus Master Trainers train and evaluate:
- ISO 9001:2008, ISO/TS 16949:2009, AS9100, ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems, FSSC 22000:2005 Food Safety, ISO 9001:2008 for Healthcare and ISO 13485:2003 for Medical Devices.
- Plexus trains 3rd party auditors and wrote the materials used to certify all of them
- Corrective Action
- The Questioning Technique
- The 8-D Approach – A general description
- Practical exercises
- Congratulating the team
- The 8-D Approach – Specific Performance